Store-bought gifts often lack personality, but homemade gifts can be cherished keepsakes for years to come. With Mother’s Day and Father’s Day around the corner, this heart-shaped craft is the perfect way to say “I love you.”
Canvas Shadow Box Items that represent Mom or Dad (e.g. buttons, nails, or screws)
Nontoxic heavy duty glue
- Cut your piece of canvas to fit the size of your shadowbox.
- Outline the shape that you want to make in pencil on your piece of canvas, and apply glue to outline it. Glue whatever personalized items you chose inside the shape.
- Glue on the letters, spelling out mom or dad, over top. Be sure to allow plenty of drying time.
- Once dry, use the spray paint to cover the craft and give it color. Do this in a well-ventilated area, or outdoors, if possible.
- Allow the craft to dry, and place it in a thick frame, such as a shadowbox.